Monday, April 30, 2007

The one-time-grill phenomenon

I have discovered the key to Norway's economical success. It isn't its oil, no no. It isn't its cheese. Nope. It is the small, unobtrusive (but ingenious) engangs grill, or one-time grill. This little piece of convenience comes loaded with coals, fire starters and metho, meaning that it can be ignited by every incompetant light or fire stick wielding maniac. And the moment spring sticks it's head out of ground, these engang grills sell like hot cakes.

Well I was a engangs grill virgin up until last week, when I finally consumated my marriage with my dear land Norway. You see, the weather was fine, we were by the sea, and really, who wants to eat dry bread for lunch when you can grill! So after buying the compulsary pölse, spröstekt lök and ketchup, we sat our self down,, surrounded by groups doing just the same by the harbour of pretty little Karlvårg and spist our grilled sausages in the sun.

Now this trip was filled with new experiences. Firstly the engangs grill. Secondly, I caught my first fish in my life. That was a great feeling. Thirdly, I ate the fish i caught (grilled on an engangs grill in fact!).

IMG_1322IMG_1322 Hosted on Zooomr


IMG_1288IMG_1288 Hosted on Zooomr


IMG_1315IMG_1315 Hosted on Zooomr


IMG_1290IMG_1290 Hosted on Zooomr

2 comments:

John C said...

You call that a fish, Jamie, I've seen bigger goldfish :-) No, seriously, it all looks so good. Norway is so so beautiful and the experiences you are having will stay with you for a lifetime.

Unknown said...

BAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I had to get out a microscope to find the fish in that picture!!!! HAHA HAAA! and you are holding it in a particularly 'size-emphasising way', with your fingers wrapped around it, which only goes to emphasise the significant lack of girth of your poor little fishy. did you really struggle to get it out of the water?? sure it tasted good though! :p