Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tap on a tube

I did something pretty silly at work today. A real Norway´s Funniest Home Videos moment. Ok, so at the bakery I work at, at the sink we have, what I like to call, a "tap on a tube". Just like a garden hose really. The handle sticks up out of the sink top, and when you lift it up, the tubing follows it. It´s quite a clever system, thats linked in with the normal tap on the sink. You turn the normal tap on, then squeeze the handle of the tap-on-a-tube and so the water gets diverted and comes out there instead. Well, you see, what I did was this. I turned the normal tap on, then went to pick up the tap-on-a-tube. But this is where I went wrong. Instead of picking it up, pointing it downwards into the sink, and then squeezing the handle, I instead sqeezed the handle WHILST picking it up. Now this sent a lovely powerful squirt of cold water RIGHT into my eyes and face. My "fight or flight" reflex kicked in, and I thrust my hands down to disarm my attacker, in doing so directing the water flow from my face, down my neck, over my shirt and down the legs of my pants.

All of this happened in what, 2 and a half seconds? I just stood there dripping and stunned for a good few minutes afterwards.

3 comments:

John C said...

And how many customers saw this Mr Beanish episode? And what about the CCTV footage, has it been mysteriously wiped clean? :-)

Unknown said...

ahh yes - here's is the jamie i know - suarve, sofisticated, cool and always in control! i hope you really showed that attacking tap-on-a-tube who was boss! (maybe you could use it on the germans when they come in again!)

Unknown said...

Now somehow this reminds me of a mysterious incident when as a toddler you were found with a tub of zinc cream rubbed into every orifice, all over the floor, in your hair, clothes .....hmmmm ;-)